Our top priority is the health, safety and comfort of our staff and residents. Our robust set of health and safety policies has enabled us to remain open throughout the outbreak of COVID-19.
We’re proud to provide a safe haven for students who are still living in the UK and taking online courses from our campuses.
To minimise disruption to ongoing studies and protect our resident’s mental and physical wellbeing, here are some of the actions we have been continuously taking and reviewing since the start of 2020:
- Provided full-board catered room service and housekeeping to any students self-isolating.
- Moved our maintenance and housekeeping staff to live-in, reducing contact and the spread of the virus.
- Increased cleaning regime in all public areas.
- Re-allocated single rooms to any residents previously accommodated in twins to improve social distancing measures.
- Opened up additional classrooms and quiet spaces for students to self-study and attend lectures online whilst adhering to social distancing rules.
- Upskilled a greater number of pastoral staff within our welfare teams to ensure they are full-trained on COVID-19 procedures and to provide 24-hour coverage on reception desks.
- Temporarily closed on-site catering facilities, libraries and gyms as a directive of the UK government.
- Adapted our events programme with online quizzes, games nights and activities.
To find out more information and to see our regular updates visit our dedicated COVID-19 page.