TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PATHWAY PROGRAMMES
In this document we use terms such as: ‘student/s’ ‘you’ ‘your/s’ ‘yourself’ which refer to ‘you’ as a student.
Please note that students will need to meet some of the Terms and Conditions before being able to take up their place at SCL.
These Terms and Conditions are reviewed on an annual basis. If it is agreed at some future point that a student may defer their entry, these Terms and Conditions will apply until they are replaced by a new set of Terms and Conditions that will apply for the new year of entry. Those revised Terms and Conditions will then govern the student’s relationship with SCL until they are no longer enrolled at SCL. Those Terms and Conditions may be different to the current ones and will be provided before a student takes up their deferred place at SCL
Before you book and pay for a course at SCL International College you must read and confirm you have understood our terms and conditions below.
Prior to your enrolment, please read our school policies listed on our website: https://staycampuslondon.com/policies-safeguarding/
In order to be considered for a place on SCL International Pathway Programmes applicants must complete an application for one of the academic routes available.
For applicants’ eligibility to be assessed, certain documents must be submitted electronically as part of the application form. Failure to submit sufficient documents or incorrect documents will result in a delay in a decision being made and may result in an application being rejected.
Entry criteria for the SCL Pathway Programmes will be published annually on the SCL International College website (https://staycampuslondon.com/university-pathway-courses/) SCL International College reserves the right to amend the entry criteria for the Programme (for new applicants) at any time and applicants are strongly advised to check the website prior to applying.
Where an applicant’s qualifications are not published on the IFP website, the application will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Each application will be considered on its own merits.
Conditions to Reservation
- We require a payment of 35% (first instalment) towards the tuition fees in order to reserve a space with SCL International College. If the student withdraws from the programme more than 30 days prior to its commencement, the deposit will be refunded, less a fee of £150 to cover administrative costs.
- For fast-track programmes the remaining balance needs to be paid 14 days before the start of the course (or by any specific date outlined in the invoice). For 3 terms programmes, the remaining fees are payable prior to the first and second terms. Your invoice defines payment details.
There are different payment methods available for you:
- Make an online payment using Convera GlobalPay, our authorised payment partner.
- Submit a Financial Guarantee/ Sponsorship Letter
- Bank transfer payable to STAY CAMPUS LONDON.
- Credit Card payments
- Please add £12 on top of the invoice total amount for Bank Charges.
- We reserve the right to charge interest at 4% in cases where fees are not paid on time, and suspend students until payment is received.
Visa Dependant Bookings:
- A 35% deposit is required within 7 days of receiving the invoice/offer from SCL International College to issue a visa letter with the SCL International College logo to aid with the visa process.
- It is your responsibility to inform us about your visa process and stage.
- You must get in touch with us at least 14 days before your arrival date to confirm whether you have received your visa. If we do not receive confirmation, we reserve the right to keep the 35% deposit which will be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We reserve the right to withhold a refund if a student has submitted false information in his/her Visa application. In case the UK Border Agency suspects that documents are fraudulent and includes this in the reasons given for rejection of an application, then the student will have to prove their genuineness.
SCL International College is not taking any responsibility for visa refusals. All guidance needs to be provided by appropriate Embassy. All our students are responsible for conducting their own research prior to visa application to ensure they comply with the latest processes and procedures.
Visa refusals & payments:
- If you are travelling from a country which requires a visa prior to entering the UK, full deposit should be paid to obtain a Visa Supporting Letter from us to aid the visa application process.
- We require a visa refusal letter issued by the relevant embassy, which we need to receive within 2 working days from the point of the refusal. Once received, we can process a full refund, less a fee of £150 to cover administrative costs.
- To organise the airport transfer for you we need to receive your flight details minimum 7 working days prior to your arrival date. Our airport transfer services need to be booked separately.
- Airport Transfers include Meet & Greet service.
- All cancelled bookings might be subject to cancellation charges.
- Any delays and additional waiting times may result in additional charges – these may vary depending on your booking. All terms & conditions regarding your transfer will be confirmed to you prior to your arrival.
To use public transport in London, you will need to purchase your own travel card or oyster card at dedicated shops. Our team members can provide you with more information prior to your arrival or once you are with us. Alternatively, you can learn about it more at https://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/help/visitor-oyster-card/.
To guarantee smooth and good quality service, please inform us about dietary requirements right prior to your catering booking. Our catering services need to be booked separately. Any special requests must be made with at least 3 working days via email at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can buy your meal directly at the canteen once you are in house.
- On the day of arrival, the check-in time is at 3 pm. On the day of departure, rooms must be vacated by 10am and all room keys returned to reception; any extras are to be settled on the day of departure. Any lost keys will be charged £5 each.
- It is an expressed condition of the booking that the Company is relieved of liability for loss or damage to valuables left in bedrooms, on the premises or in motorized transport. This extends to loss or damage of motorized transport left on The Stay Club premises.
Changes to the programme chosen
- We reserve the right to make minor changes to the course prior to enrolment. In this case, students will be informed of these changes and given the option of transferring to another course or being given a full refund.
- In the exceptional circumstances of there being too few students to make the running of the course viable, we reserve the right to cancel the course. In case it happens, a student will be given the option of transferring to another course or being given a full refund.
School closures dates for academic year 2023/24 are: 16 December 2023 to 1 January 2024. We are closed two consecutive weeks per year and this information will be updated in our student booking terms & conditions annually.
- Full payment should be made 14 days prior to your course start date.
- You can request a refund up to 30 days prior to your course start date.
- All cancellations made within less than 30 days prior to arrival will be charged in full.
No refunds or credits can be considered after the start of your course.
In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to deliver your course online.
Loss or Damage
It is an expressed condition of the booking that the Company is relieved of liability for loss or damage to valuables left in bedrooms, on the premises or in motorized transport. This extends to loss or damage of motorized transport left in SCL International College premises.
Healthcare & Insurance
- SCL International College is not responsible for any occurring fees and costs in case of emergency treatments of our students.
- We strongly recommend that you travel with adequate insurance to cover expenses in case of emergency and fees and costs in case of cancellation or curtailment.
For more information regarding healthcare and travel insurance, we advise you to visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-the-nhs-charges-overseas-visitors-for-nhs-hospital-care/how-the-nhs-charges-overseas-visitors-for-nhs-hospital-care
SCL International College is not liable for loss of tuition or other services due to factors outside our control. Refunds will not be made under these circumstances.
If you have a problem whilst you are in the school, let us know immediately so we can help you. The complaints procedure is detailed in the Student Handbook. Complaints can only be accepted during the time you are attending the school and not after you have completed your course. Alternatively, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your own benefit and the benefit of your fellow students, you are expected to always speak English and behave respectfully to other students, staff, and accommodation providers. In a multi-national environment, it is vital to respect cultural, racial, and religious differences.
Last reviewed: October 2022