TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR LANGUAGE COURSES
In this document we use terms such as: ‘student/s’ ‘you’ ‘your/s’ ‘yourself’ which refer to ‘you’ as a student.
Before you book and pay for a course at SCL International College you must read and confirm you have understood our terms and conditions below.
Prior to your enrolment, please read our school policies listed on our website: https://staycampuslondon.com/policies-safeguarding/
- It is essential that you give us all the information we ask for and you must tell us if you have any medical conditions, special education needs, allergies, or dietary requirements and particularly if you have any serious difficulties with hearing, sight or mobility.
- If you are under the age of 18, your parents or guardians must send us a completed “parental consent form” before your arrival in the school and must abide by the curfew set by the school. You will receive a parental form prior to your arrival.
Conditions to Reservation
- To make a reservation a non-refundable enrolment fee of 10% is required within 7 days from receipt of the contract/invoice.
- The remaining balance needs to be paid 14 days before the start of the course (or by any specific date outlined in the invoice). Late payments will lead to automatic cancellation of allocation and may not accept further bookings.
- The weekly rate includes all bills and utilities, Wi-Fi, linens upon arrivals, 1 towel per person and kitchen utensils in the room.
There are different payment methods available for you:
- Make an online payment using Western Union, our authorised payment partner.
- Submit a Financial Guarantee/ Sponsorship Letter
- Bank transfer payable to STAY CAMPUS LONDON.
- Credit Card payments
- For our language programmes, please fill out our enrolment form online at https://staycampuslondon.com/enrol.
- Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com and we will assist you with the enrolment form process.
- Any proposed amendments are subject to agreement and are only valid once written acknowledgement has been issued by Stay Campus London Ltd, confirming such amendments or alternations. Amendments/changes to bookings within 15 days of arrival will incur a supplement and are subject to availability. Please let us know as soon as possible.
- The school usually issues confirmations and invoices within 48 hours.
- Placements tests must be returned no later than 15 days before arrival as we would like to ensure you are allocated to the class suitable to your level. It is very important you tell us in advance any special educational needs.
SCL International College is not taking any responsibility for visa refusals. All guidance needs to be provided by appropriate Embassy. All our students are responsible for conducting their own research prior to visa application to ensure they comply with the latest processes and procedures.
Visa refusals & payments:
- If you are travelling from a country which requires a visa prior to entering the UK, full payment should be made to obtain a Confirmation Study Letter from us to aid the visa application process.
- We require a visa cancellation letter issued by the relevant embassy, which we need to receive within two working days of the refusal.
- We issue a credit note valid for one year to be redeemed towards new enrolment dates.
- In case of processing refund due to full cancellations, we will reserve a £70 admin fee as to cover administration charges if it is cancelled with less than 2 weeks before arrival.
- To organise the airport transfer for you we need to receive your flight details minimum seven working days prior to your arrival date.
- Airport Transfers include Meet & Greet service.
- All cancelled bookings might be subject to cancellation charges.
- Any delays and additional waiting times may result in additional charges – these may vary depending on your booking. All terms & conditions regarding your transfer will be confirmed to you prior to your arrival.
To use public transport in London, you will need to purchase your own travel card or oyster card at dedicated shops. Our team members can provide you with more information prior to your arrival or once you are with us. Alternatively, you can learn about it more at https://visitorshop.tfl.gov.uk/help/visitor-oyster-card/.
To guarantee smooth and good quality service, please inform us about dietary requirements right prior to your catering booking. Our catering services need to be booked separately. Any special requests must be made with at least 3 working days via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can buy your meal directly at the canteen once you are in house.
- On the day of arrival, the check-in time is at 3 pm. On the day of departure, rooms must be vacated by 10am and all room keys returned to reception; any extras are to be settled on the day of departure. Any lost keys will be charged £5 each.
- It is an expressed condition of the booking that the Company is relieved of liability for loss or damage to valuables left in bedrooms, on the premises or in motorized transport. This extends to loss or damage of motorized transport left on The Stay Club premises.
- In case our students need to self-isolate at SCL International College accommodation, they are responsible for covering additional catering and accommodation expenses which are not included in their initial booking.
- SCL International College classroom lessons run from Monday – Friday in the morning or in the afternoon. SCL International College reserves the right to switch from classroom lessons to online lessons with short notice if necessary.
- All classroom-based courses enrol on every Monday of the year unless where specific course start dates are listed.
- All classroom-based courses with 15 hours run from 09:00 – 12:20 (hours = lessons)
- All classroom-based courses with 20 hours run as per the following: (hours = lessons)
- Monday, Wednesday, & Friday – 09:00 – 12:20
- Tuesday & Thursday – 09:00 – 16:10.
- Some of our programmes such as Junior Summer Campus, Discover London for Juniors, Discover London for Adults, SCL Football Academy may include outside classroom activities.
- Online lessons run from Monday – Friday in the morning or in the afternoon. SCL International College uses Zoom software. Our team sends you information regarding your lesson details in advance. We reserve the right to confirm the time prior to your course start or change the software with a short notice if necessary.
Reduction of Lessons
- We require a minimum of at least 8 students in our lessons. If a minimum number of students on a course is not achieved, we may reduce the number of hours spent in class. This is due to the fact that work in class becomes more intensive and therefore we are confident that satisfactory progress can be made with fewer hours.
- We require a minimum of at least 10 students on our SCL Football Academy Course. This is due to operation reasons. If a minimum number of students on this course is not achieved, we may enrol the SCL Football Academy students on our Discover London Summer Campus programme. These study programmes are designed on similar principles as the SCL Football Academy programme and include English classes and guided field trips.
School closures dates for academic year 2021/22 are: 17 December 2021 to 2 January 2022. We are closed two consecutive weeks per year and this information will be updated in our student booking terms & conditions annually.
- Full payment should be made two weeks prior to your course start date.
- You can request a refund up to two weeks prior to your course start date. In this case, the £70 enrolment fee is non-refundable.
- All cancellations made within less than 14 days prior to arrival will be charged in full.
No refunds or credits can be considered after the start of your course.
In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to deliver your course online.
Please access our cancellation policy with respect to COVID-19 here: https://staycampuslondon.com/policies-safeguarding/#cancel
Loss or Damage
It is an expressed condition of the booking that the Company is relieved of liability for loss or damage to valuables left in bedrooms, on the premises or in motorized transport. This extends to loss or damage of motorized transport left in SCL International College premises.
Healthcare & Insurance
- SCL International College is not responsible for any occurring fees and costs in case of emergency treatments of our students.
- We strongly recommend that you travel with adequate insurance to cover expenses in case of emergency and fees and costs in case of cancellation or curtailment.
For more information regarding healthcare and travel insurance, we advise you to visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-the-nhs-charges-overseas-visitors-for-nhs-hospital-care/how-the-nhs-charges-overseas-visitors-for-nhs-hospital-care
SCL International College is not liable for loss of tuition or other services due to factors outside our control. Refunds will not be made under these circumstances.
If you have a problem whilst you are in the school, let us know immediately so we can help you. The complaints procedure is detailed in the Student Handbook. Complaints can only be accepted during the time you are attending the school and not after you have completed your course. Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com.
For your own benefit and the benefit of your fellow students, you are expected to always speak English and behave respectfully to other students, staff, and accommodation providers. In a multi-national environment, it is vital to respect cultural, racial, and religious differences.
Last reviewed: April 2021